Dr. Edly Ferdin Ramly
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD.) in Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn, Malaysia, 2018/ 2019. Thesis title: “A diagnosis framework to select operational improvement opportunities”;
Master of Science (MSc.) Engineering with Management, Sheffield Hallam University, UK, 2001;
Bachelor Engineering (BEng. Hon) Manufacturing System with Management, University of Bradford, UK, 1998;
Certificate in Mechanical Engineering, NCUK Institut Teknologi Mara, Malaysia, 1996.
Professional Membership and Competency
Fellows – Industrial Engineering and Operation Society International (IEOM), Southfield Michigan, United States of America;
Lead Auditor for International Automotive Task Force (IATF);
Lead Auditor under Exemplar Global for:
- ISO45001:2018 Occupation Health and Safety Management System;
- ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management System;
- ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System;
- ISO37001:2016 Anti Bribery Management System.
DOSH – Initial/ Advance Ergonomic Risk Assessement
Member of IRQAO (International Registered of Quality Assessed Organization, United Kingdom);
“Business Excellence” Assessor for Malaysian Productivity Corporation;
Registered Trainer with Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF);
Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia – Pakar Industri Negara dan Pentauliah Pencapaian Terdahulu (PPT) utk Jaminan Quality Industri (Pembuatan);
Honourable Secretary of Johor Cost and Quality Society;
- DRB Hicom University
“IEOM Distinguished Industry Award”, awarded by Industrial Engineering and Operation Society (IEOM) – International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operation Management, at Bandung Indonesia on March, 2018;
Gold Award – for the outstanding research contribution (Publication Award Category) UTHM, 2019;
Bronze Award – for the outstanding research contribution (Social Service Award) UTHM, 2019;
“Productivity Champion” awarded by Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC) on February 2017;
“IEOM Industry Solution Award”, awarded by Industrial Engineering and Operation Society (IEOM), United State of America on September 2016 at Lawrence Technology University, Detroit, USA;
“Asia Productivity Organization – Lean Promoter” Presented by Minister – Ministry of Productivity Promotion Sri Lanka Honourable Minister Basheer Segu Dawood on June, 2014;
“Productivity Specialist” by Minister of Ministry of International Trade and Industry 2014
“National Industry Specialist” (Pakar Industri Negara) by Department of Skill Malaysia 2010.
PRESENT EFR CERTIFICATION/ EFR MANAGEMENT:
CERTIFICATION DIRECTOR, LEAD AUDITOR Managing and provisions of training, and auditing in the implementation of IATF 16949, ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and others quality improvement program.
PREVIOUS PERA NEVILLE CLARKE
Mac 2003- Jul 2006 Senior Consultant Provision of training, consultancy services and auditing in the development and implementation of ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, HSE, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and others quality improvement program.
TRW AUTOMOTIVE LUCAS AUTOMOTIVE SDN BHD 1998- 2003
LEAN PROMOTION OFFICER & SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT
PRODUCTION ENGINEER, TQM COORDINATOR, QMR QS9000
- Mentor for Lean and Gemba Kaizen workshop for Asia Pacific business group.
- Project Leader for ERP system (QAD-MFG PRO)
- Trainer & Coach for Six Sigma
Training/ Seminar/ Conference/ Workshop (Presenter):
Dr Edly has conducted many rounds of various high impact trainings and workshop in the area below in most effective, interactive and fun training with majority of positive feedback from the training participants. The Conference/ Seminar that Mr Edly have conducted including World Engineering Congress, International Conference for Quality and Reliability, Asia Productivity Organization (APO)-NIPO Lean for hospital conference and many more. The training commonly conducted by Dr Edly as followed:
- ISO14001 awareness and auditor
- OHSAS18001/ ISO45001 awareness and auditor
- HIRAC and Aspect Impact
- HSE Legal and other requirements
- Health and Safety committee
- Ergonomic – Principal and Practices
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Workplace Inspection
- Incident Investigation
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Office Safety Toward Effective & Efficient Office
Productivity, Operation and Supply Chain Management
• Enterprise Risk Management
• Balanced Score Card and Hoshin Kanri
• Strategic Management, Business Planning & Benchmarking
• Productivity Measurements and Improvement
• Lean Sensei
• Lean Sigma Black/ Green Belt
• Lean Awareness and strategy for Implementation
• Value Stream Mapping
• 5 S
• Changeover reduction (SMED)
• JIT – Kanban
• Quality Function Deployment
• Customer Satisfaction
• Customer Services Excellence
Quality Management System, Improvement Tools and Techniques
- IATF16949 QMS for Automotive
- ISO 13485 QMS for Medical Device
- ISO 9001 awareness and auditor
- Certified Quality Inspector/ Engineer
- Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- APQP & PPAP
- Statistical Process Control
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Poka-Yoke – Strategy towards zero defect
- 8 Discipline (8D) Team Oriented Problem Solving
- Design of Experiment
- Effective Calibration System
- Problems Solving Through 7 QC Tools
- Root cause Analysis
- Supplier Quality Assurance
Other Related Strength(s):
Presently Dr. Edly Ramly is the renowned coach, auditor, assessor, consultant and trainer. With his excellent interpersonal and communication skills, he has conducted various high impact trainings and workshop. Due to his extensive exposure in different management systems and strong project management skill, he is currently providing Quality (ISO9001), Environment (ISO14001) and Safety (OHSAS18001 & MOSH) management system related consultancy, trainings and supports to local and multi-national companies that seek quality improvement and breakthrough. Apart from being trained as Lead Auditor, he is also qualified auditor by Society of Motor Manufacturer and Trader (SMMT) Industry Forum for IATF 16949. Dr. Edly also one of approved trainer by Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) for continuous education program for safety officer. During his service with Pera Neville Clarke, he is tutor for IRCA lead auditor course. His industrial experience was in the automotive industry. During his stayed with the TRW Automotive, he was tasked with the responsibility of promoting and implementing HSE, Lean and Six-Sigma within the Organization. Due to his extensive exposure in Lean and Six-Sigma Management System, he was invited by National Productivity Corporation (NPC) to conduct public training in the area of Six-Sigma implementation. In addition have been conducting many round of lean workshop across the globe including Quality Management System related course and Six Sigma.
His industrial experience was in the automotive industry. During his stayed with the TRW Automotive, he was tasked with the responsibility of promoting and implementing HSE, Lean and Six-Sigma within the Organization. Due to his extensive exposure in Lean and Six-Sigma Management System, he was invited by National Productivity Corporation (NPC) to conduct public training in the area of Six-Sigma implementation. In addition have been conducting many round of lean workshop across the globe including Quality Management System related course and Six Sigma.
- A plastic injection molding process characterization using experimental design technique: A case study; Jurnal Teknologi 2004.
- Manufacturing audit to improve quality performance–a conceptual framework; World Engineering Congress 2007.
- Effectiveness of quality management system audit to improve quality performance–A conceptual framework; International Journal of Quality and Reliability 2008.
- Sustaining and spreading the gains in lean Hospitals: Role of Leadership, 2011.
- Lean Supply Chain contribution toward Lean Health Care, 2011.
- Enabler for integrated operations diagnosis and improvement; ARPN Journal 2015.
- Empirical Research Methodology on Operation Diagnosis to Identify Operation Improvement Opportunities; IEOM Conference Detroit 2016.
- A review of operational risk management decision support tool; Proceeding of IEOM International Conference Morocco 2017.
- A Review on Operations Diagnosis to identify Operational Improvement Opportunities; Proceeding of IEOM International Conference Kuala Lumpur 2016.
- A review on the selection of lean production tools and techniques; ARPN Journal 2016.
- Operation Diagnosis and Improvement Approaches—Common Practice, Prowess, Limitations and Future Focus; Journal of Advance Science Letter, 2017.
- Case Study on Development of Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA)–Issues and Recommendation; Proceeding of IEOM International Conference Bandung 2018.
- Issues and Improvement Opportunities in Management System Internal Audit–A Survey; Proceeding of IEOM International Conference Bandung 2018.
- Development of Risk Management Framework-Case Studies; Proceeding of IEOM Conference Paris 2018.
End of Dr Edly Ramly Curriculum Vitae